Friday, December 16, 2011

Sock Monkeys

I've always thought socks monkeys were pretty cute. It must be their cute red mouth or their timeless look. Until recently I hadn't seen them very often; here and there, in pictures etc. I always thought that sock monkeys were difficult to make. How does one take a sock a make a stuffed animal out of it? 

And then came pinterest. I saw a couple tutorials on how to make them on pinterest and thought, why not? So here I am making sock monkeys for my sister in laws (11 years old, twins) for Christmas. Shhh don't tell them what they are getting!!

Out of the two tutorials that I "pinned" here and here. I like the second one best. It's more straight forward and she has tutorials for sock cows and sock elephants. Future projects?

On a trip to target I stopped to look at the juniors socks. The tutorial had said the more colorful the better, so these are the socks that I picked. They are knee high socks from Target.


I'm now about half way done with the monkeys so hopefully by next week there will be a sock monkey 2 post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment