Monday, December 19, 2011

Finished Sock Monkeys!

After working hard over the weekend, the sock monkeys are finished as promised. Before I show you the finished monkeys I want to show you how they got there. 

Remember when there were just two pairs of socks?

Thanks to my sewing machine they became a pair of socks with a little bit of sewing and some stuffing. They look really funny like this. I think they look a little bit like colorful potatoes.
Our cat Captain Jack who is very much still a kitten decided to play with the blue monkey and then later snuggle with the pink monkey. He's pretty adorable if I say so myself.

And here they are.... My finished monkeys!! The longest part was hand stitching the arms, tail, mouth, eyes, and ears on. I opted not to add a mouth because I just couldn't get it right. Oh well, they are still cute.

 Complete with an embroidered "R" on their butts so the girls would always know that I made them.


And one last picture that I took while writing this post because Jack was being such a darling again. 


1 comment:

  1. You did a nice job on those monkeys. The kitten is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete