Saturday, April 28, 2012

Too Small!!

From my sneak preview a couple months ago (here), you may have guessed that I was making L a new waistcoat for reenacting. Because I was starting from the beginning, I wanted to make it as authentic as possible. This means that I needed to completely hand stitch the entire thing, start to finish, button hole and all. That first day I cut out the pattern in a size based on the measurements I had taken of L the night before. After that I cut out the lining and had it completely together by the time he came home from work. He tried it on, and IT WAS TOO SMALL. I was able to remedy this by added a small triangular section across the shoulder. 

From then on I sewed here and there whenever I had the time or got into the mood. Recently I had finished attaching the lining and the pockets and all that was needed were button holes and buttons. I had L try it on, just for good measure, and it was once again too small. 

(Insert picture here of sad looking husband in a too small waistcoat)

So for now this project has reached the back burner as those of you who have ever hand sewn anything know that you don't want to undo your hard work. Plus, I haven't figured out how exactly I'm going to fix said waistcoat.
Oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment